Saturday, April 07, 2007

You say "Cliché," I say "Classique"

Maude help me, but I love roses. Absolutely love them. It probably dates back from when I was a kid and we visited Butchart Gardens in British Columbia. I walked, entranced, through row after row after row of every type and color of rose imaginable. One of the reasons I always wanted to live in a house was to have a rose garden. And now I have one, a small one. Most of our yard is far too shady to be optimal for growing roses, but a patch alongside the driveway on the side of the house is perfect. When we were having the landscaping redone, the landscaper planted these for me. I'd asked him to put in a wide variety of colors, but he stuck with pinks, reds and lavenders. Oh well, they're lovely anyway and blooming like crazy right now so I thought I'd share. Enjoy!







Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you feeding those roses?
Is the cacti (you know the one I'm talkin' about) still on the side of the house? Nice pics.

And in the good news category, I submit this article about scientific breakthroughs that could save the friggin' planet. Dyes that generate energy from light, even on cloudy days. A sort of synthetic photosynthesis.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4017784a13.html

Huge potential. Say hi to all for me.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Susan B said...

Actually, I haven't fed them at all yet this year. Last year I sprinkled some time-release Miracle Gro around them, but I've been lax with my garden upkeep. That was my planned project for tomorrow, pull weeds and feed everyone.

The phallic cactus was given away when we planted the roses. The guy who periodically comes by to spray for bugs (environmentally friendly, chrysanthemum based stuff) knew "someone in West Hollywood" who he thought would appreciate it. I didn't ask for details.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I am sure that cactus is getting lots of compliments over in WeHo. ;)

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home