Friday, March 23, 2007

Back Home, Not Glowing In the Dark

...Despite still having a small amount of radioactivity emanating from my neck. This will dissipate greatly over the next couple of days, but until then I have to limit my proximate contact with other living things. I did experience quite a bit more side effects than I had anticipated, including some pretty persistent nausea on Wednesday and now some soreness and swelling in my salivary glands and hoarseness. But the good news is that I'm back on my thyroid meds and already feeling a bit more energy, and very glad to be home and out of that hospital room!

While I was out of commission, I see that Gonzales-gate proceeds apace. Digby has more (scroll down to the post entitled Company Men), as does Echidne (scroll down to Gonzales-Gate Heating Up) and it looks as though Rove will be called to answer some questions up on Capitol Hill (though whether this will ever happen is doubtful, IMO; fully expect le Dauphin to call "executive priviledge, olly olly oxen free").

Echidne also has a disturbing item up about last night's America's Top Model (scroll down to "Death Becomes You, Young Lady!") about the bizarre and increasing acceptance of fashion imagery featuring models posed as if they had been savagely attacked or even murdered. I've noticed more and more of this in fashion layouts and ads, and have to say I do find it disturbing, that it seems to serve to normalize the erotization of violence against women. I can't help but recall Germaine Greer's quote (as did one commenter at Echidne's), "Women don't realize how much men hate us." I hate to think like that, but sometimes you have to wonder.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I guess the strip malls of LA are safe from the Attack of the 50 Foot Woman, for now at least. Regarding Il dolte, and his pissy ass "I'm gonna veto because there is pork in the spending bill" bullshit, I will assume that yes, he will veto, as if the senate will pass anything that remotely resembles the house bill. Then there will be much clutching of pearls and succumbing to the vapors in the MSM that is "shocked, shocked I tell you" that the "democrat" leadership of the house would dare to cut off the funding for the troops.

But I still hold out hope, at about arm's length. ;)

10:07 PM  
Blogger Susan B said...

"Il dolte," that's perfect!

I don't know, I'm sensing the tide may be turning. As Digby says, the Kewl Kids in the MSM are more about getting invited to the parties with the best cocktail weenies, and the Democrats in congress are on a roll. The fact that the Federal Prosecutor firings issue seems to have some legs in the MSM leads me to believe they might be smelling the eel grass (back to my tide metaphor). If Il dolte vetoes, he might get a little of that "cutting funds for troops" spittle flung in his direction.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are not irradiating your loved ones, unlike depleted uranium. Just saw this fake movie trailer that was supposed to be in "Grindhouse", but I guess didn't make the cut. Too bad. We need more psycho-nun's with guns. I can't wait to see what fake trailers made the final cut. I am a sucker for trash movies. What can I say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4CGDIPfZPI

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home