Sunday, March 25, 2007

Dilettante Released from Radiation Leper Colony!

Thank gawd. As of this morning, I am free to rejoin the human race, to sit in a room with other living things, to eat and drink from non-disposable plates, cups and utensils, and to wash my laundry in the same load with everyone else's. As I'm fond of saying, it's the little things.

The swelling in my neck and face is noticeably down today, and the soreness in my salivary glands seems to have abated. Doug and I dropped Sam off at Sunday school and then went and enjoyed a nice Sunday brunch, a belated anniversary celebration. I ordered a second Mimosa.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Congratulations and Happy Belated Anniversary!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Susan B said...

Thank you!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Maya's Granny said...

So glad that you are no longer making the geiger counter click. And, with Gina, Happy Belated Anniversary.

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how's things going now that you have been out of the leper colony for a while? Good, I hope.
Anyway, thought you might like this, it is a you tube video of a Le tigre song performed by Jem and the Holograms (the horrible animated kiddie show from a few years back).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEqmC1q9Sow

9:15 PM  
Blogger Susan B said...

Better, thanks, though it took a while to get my energy levels back up to normal. Talked to the doc on Monday and he bumped up my Synthroid dosage; started this morning with the higher dosage. Hopefully that will help a bit too. Thanks for the video recommendation too, will check it out.

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home