Thursday, August 31, 2006

Tag, I'm It! (Meme)

This is my first meme! Maya's Granny tagged me. Here we go:

1. Things that scare me:
Religious fundamentalists of any stripe
People who think nuclear war is "winnable"
Entrusting Sam's care to someone after we're gone

2. People who make me laugh:
My sister, Spot
Sam
Jon Stewart
Louis Black
Garrison Keilor
Margaret Cho

3. Things I hate the most:
Cruelty
Arrogance
Overblown sense of entitlement
The man who embodies all three, George W. Bush

4. Things I don't understand:
Greed
Lack of compassion
Most computer hardware
People who think reality TV is entertaining
People who are afraid of knowledge

5. Things I'm doing right now:
Blogging
Contemplating heating up a cup of coffee
Feeding the dogs

6. Things I want to do before I die:
Travel more
Fly in an open cockpit biplane (actually plan to do this for my 50th birthday next year)
Live in the mountains

7. Things I can do:
Learn new software quickly
Ride horses
Write clearly and concisely under pressure
Make good coffee

8. Things I can't do:
Sing
Apply eyeliner without smudging
Wear any clothing that's tight around my neck

10. Things I think you should listen to:
That little voice inside that says "don't marry him, he's an asshole!"
Wind in pine trees
Any music that lifts your spirits
Any music that helps you to feel
Children or dogs when they tell you they have to go potty

11. Things you should never listen to:
People who are ignorant
Anyone who tells you you can't do something
Fashion experts and movie critics

12. Things I'd like to learn:
To fly a small plane
To play the bodrhan really well
Cake decorating

13. Favorite foods:
Artichokes
Sushi
Wild-caught Copper River salmon cooked on a cedar plank
Really good cake with butter cream frosting
Cole slaw
Chicken salad

14. Beverages I drink regularly:
Coffee
Water
Wine

15. Shows I watched as a kid:
I Love Lucy
Get SMART
The Virginian
Batman
The Green Hornet
The Wonderful World of Disney

16. People I'm tagging (to do this meme):
Not sure, other than Maya's Granny I don't personally know anyone who has a blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maya's Granny said...

Re number 10 -- My ex-husband was once at Fleishhacker Zoo (I just googled Zoo San Francisco to get the right spelling for this and learned that it is now the San Francisco Zoo and USED to be the Fleishhacker! Not fair!) and saw a man carrying a boy about three years old on his shoulders while talking to a very sexy woman whom Dick thought he didn't seem to know. The child kept saying "Daddy! Daddy!" and the guy kept shushing him and finally the poor child peed all down the man's back.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home