Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Feeding The Beast


So I've been working on a post for it seems like EVER about some adventures in Costa Rica back in 1983, but I keep experiencing keyboard IBS (I'm either blocked or experiencing Detail Diarrhea where I keep mucking up the story with too much baggag- er, background). I promise I will get it into readable form, and in the meantime I'll tantalize you with some of the ingredients: Toucans, white horses, Frenchmen, Popeye, a sure-fire mosquito repellent, Peace Corps volunteers, a joint the size of a Cuban cigar, iguanas and Bob Marley. There.

Today is Sam's birthday. I can't believe he's 9 years old already, but on the other hand it seems like an eternity since the traumatic days surrounding his birth. He's very much enjoying one of his birthday gifts right now, a new Elmo DVD. Plus he had swimming and a big birthday cookie today at day camp, so I think he's had a pretty good day.

Ever fantasize about chucking it all and sailing to the tropics? Then you should check out Bruce's (my brother-in-law's) website...he's doing exactly that. It's not all lobster and margaritas, there are also storms and boat repairs, but I'll let you read about it there. Hopefully next year he'll be in Costa Rica and we'll be visiting him there, which is what prompted me to start reminiscing. See how nicely I tied that all together?

2 Comments:

Blogger Maya's Granny said...

Tell Sam happy birthday from me.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am eagerly awaiting your post. Happy birthday to Sam, 9yrs old already, dangman time flies. Lots of european butter love to Doug too!! ;)

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home