Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Mixed Family Traditions Meme

Maya's Granny tagged me for this meme. Here's how it works:

1. Post the rules.

2. You have to choose two different heritages that you (or an ancestor) really do have. They can be nationalities, races, religions, regions, or even political parties.

3. Make up a silly tradition (or as many as you want) that reflects them.

4. Do as many as there are mixes in your family.

5. Name five people to follow; inform them in the comments section of their blogs.


OK, this one is a bit tough for me because I don't have a lot of details about various ancestors and nationality/heritage.


On my mother's side, my Grandmother was German (mostly) and my Grandfather was Irish. So on St. Patrick's Day, the family sat down to a meal of corned beef and sauerkraut.


I have an ancestor on my mother's side (Great Great Grandmother?) who was Cherokee. But I don't know who she was married to or if she was on my Grandmother's or Grandfather's side. But I'll pretend she was married to a Polish man, so on Christmas they enjoyed a nice Bufflalo roast and Pierogi's.

My father's ancestors were Scottish, Irish and Welsh. So when they got together they always argued about which of them was most oppressed by the Brits. And whether the haggis course should be served before or after the boiled potatoes.

That's about all I can think of. We have a boring family, heritage-wise.

Hopefully my tag-ees will have more interesting families!

I'm tagging Linda at Bugwalk. She's the only blogger I know besides Jill at Somewhere You Feel Free, but I think Jill has her hands full right about now. I was priviledged enough to get to meet Baby Megan on Sunday, and a cuter baby I don't think I've yet met. (Except for Sam, of course, who turns 10 tomorrow!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Maya's Granny said...

Excellent. I love your father's ancestors arguing about who was more oppressed by the Brits.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Susan B said...

Thanks. :-)

3:20 PM  
Blogger Bugwalk said...

Sorry, I'm lagging. Think, must think! :-)

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home