Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Reading List

Yah, like I have time to read....



Just ordered Glenn Greenwald's A Tragic Legacy: How A Good vs. Evil Mentality Destroyed the Bush Presidency. If you're of a mind to read something political, this is the one. Glenn's blog, Unclaimed Territory was one of my regular stops, and now he blogs for Salon.com here.

Also finally broke down and ordered Rethinking Thin by Gina Kolata. This book has been getting some pretty good reviews on both sides of the fat issue (the rational side vs. the "Obesity Is Teh Icky And Will Kill Us All" side).

I'll review both once I've finished. That will keep me motivated to actually finish them.

Also, Joy Nash whose "Fat Rant" I linked to a while back has started her own blog. Joy's had over a million hits on her Fat Rant video at YouTube, and had since received lots of spashy media attention. Yay, Joy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have Glenn's "How Would A Patriot Act" if you want to borrow it. And thanks for the link to Joy's blog. I am in the middle of Ch. 6 of Gore's "Assault on Reason". It is mostly a rehashing/summary form (so far) of Brock's "The Republican Noise Machine", but with historical quotes from the founders to illustrate the absurdity of where we are right now as a nation. I recommend it. I am also looking forward to the movie "Sicko", as I am self insured (not by choice) and my monthly health insurance premiums are almost as much as my ding dang rent. Something has to be done! Blog on Sista!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Maya's Granny said...

Do let us know how you like the books. That's how we know what to read.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Susan B said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Actually I started "Rethinking Thin" last night and it's really interesting. So far it's mainly about the history of dieting. I'll post some on it tonight.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home